Building on the momentum of the highly successful March 2023 edition, the organizers are proud to announce the elevated standards set for the upcoming 9th edition.
With an unwavering commitment to excellence, every aspect of the event has been meticulously enhanced to deliver an unparalleled experience, surpassing previous benchmarks.
These efforts are now being rewarded. From 26 to 28 March 2024, the 9th plastprintpack Nigeria, held in conjunction with agrofood Nigeria, for the very first time expands into three halls, solidifying its position as the largest gathering yet.
Organized by the German trade show specialists fairtrade Messe, this international exhibition & conference is set to unfold once again at the prestigious Landmark Centre in Lagos, Victoria Island, pioneering global innovations for Nigeria’s plastics, printing and packaging industry.
Former President Obasanjo throws support behind agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria 2024
What a great honor! Our agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria team, headed by fairtrade’s Freyja Detjen and Odion Aleobua of Modion Communication, met former Nigerian president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, at his Presidential Library in Abeokuta, Ogun State on 07 February in preparation for the 2024 edition.
Chief Obasanjo, one of Africa's most revered statesmen and a foremost stakeholder in African agriculture, expressed his support of the tradeshow and reiterated his commitment to leveraging his influence and networks to ensure the success of the upcoming event.
Here's a glimpse of what attendees may expect:
- Over a hundred world-class exhibitors from Austria, Bulgaria, China, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Italy, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tunisia, Türkiye, and Ukraine, showcasing tailored products and solutions for the Nigerian market.
- Active participation of key ministers from the new government, both at the Federal and Lagos State levels.
- Official national pavilions from China, Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands.
- Top-level 3-day conference in a 180-seat conference room with 20+ sessions and 70+ speakers.
- Bureau Veritas, a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services, is again the Registration Sponsor of the event.
- Great networking opportunities.
As Africa's largest economy will invest more and more in plastprintpack solutions, products and technologies, bright times are ahead for all market participants.
Spearheaded by the Honorable Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo, Federal Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, the Honorable Commissioner of Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture, Ruth Abisola Olusanya, and attended by numerous dignitaries from Nigeria and Europe, the exhibition & conference took a very successful course.
Pavilions in 2024 from China, Germany, Italy,
the Netherlands and South Africa
A significant number of more than 30 Chinese exhibitors will be participating in the 2024 event, showcasing cutting-edge innovations and technologies. Among the exhibitors are most prominent companies such as
For the seventh time in a row, a German Pavilion will be presented at agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria featuring German exhibitors displaying their solutions and products.
- Presented by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action and the Association of the German Trade Fair Industry AUMA
- Supported by VDMA Food Processing and Packaging Machinery
The Italian Trade Agency ITA in cooperation with AMAPLAST, UCIMA, and ACIMGA organises the first Collective Participation of Italian companies at plastprintpack & agrofood Nigeria in 2024.
The Netherlands Pavilion
The Netherlands Pavilion is supported by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
For more information to join the Netherlands pavilion please click here: Handelsmissie tuinbouw naar Nigeria
South Africa Pavilion
South Africa joins in for the 2024 event with a Department of Agri Western Cape Pavilion featuring more than ten exhibitors.
The Western Cape Department of Agriculture provides a wide range of development, research and support services to the agricultural community in the Western Cape. The agricultural sector stimulates economic growth in the province and plays a major role in creating sustainable job opportunities.
Top level 3-day conference
A top level 3-day conference featuring 19 sessions and 74 top-class speakers ran alongside the exhibition.
Due to high demand, the conference room had been enlarged to 180 seats and equipped with an 11m wide backdrop, including 7m of LED for the best possible presentation quality.
C-level speakers representing market-leading companies and institutions delivered educational and entertaining sessions of the highest quality, promising immediate benefits for the audience in their day-to-day business.
Facts & figures on the fast-growing Nigerian plastprintpack market
- With €143m in 2022, Nigeria is the second largest importer of plastics technology in Africa, just behind Egypt and ahead of South Africa. Nigeria‘s imports increased by an average of 17.6% per year between 2016 and 2022.
- Nigerian imports of printing & paper processing technology have increased by 17% annually, from €42m in 2017 to €92m in 2022. At €92m, Nigeria ranks second in sub-Saharan Africa for imports of printing & paper technology, behind South Africa with €122m, but well ahead of other sub-Saharan countries.
- With €183 million in 2022, Nigeria is the largest importer of packaging technology in Africa, before South Africa with €175 million and Egypt with €162 million.
Source: VDMA 2023